Play One On One With Michael Jordan, Right In Your Own Room
Let’s break this “Michael Jordan WallBall” commercial down on a molecular level
1. It had Michael Jordan on it, so it was awesome. This is the type of toy you wanted to open for Christmas. If you did not get it, you thought you were seriously gipped. If you did get it, you put it on your door and never played with it.
2. I love how MJ just pops his head in for .3 seconds.
3. MJ’s fashion sense is still somehow questioned. Who wears a vest? Maybe is a solid black jersey. Is this what he usually wears, or is he seriously going to play one on one with me in my bedroom?
4. The commercial’s music sounds like it was taken from “Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City“.
5. The commercial is only 11 seconds long, yet they introduced the product, demonstrated it, got a celebrity endorsement, and mentioned the famed “Ohio Arts Sports”.
6. Let’s be honest. This product sucked. You could not dunk on it unless you seriously liked fixing the breakaway rim after every dunk. You could not play one on one with someone because… because it just sucked. You did not want to make any long range shots, because you always missed and you also had to get every rebound.
7. If you have one of these in mint condition, still in the original wrapping, you might think you have $1000 sitting in your attic. Unfortunately you can still get this very product on Ebay for $9.99. With inflation, you are actually losing money on your investment.
8. I love how the front of MJ’s jersey just says “Jordan”. Maybe the Bobcats do the same. ( I keed )